Covenant Members & TGFC attenders,
We're so excited to announce that we are having child dedications on May 12th! Proverbs 22:6 is clear about the parents role in a child's life. If you have a child that is 6 years or younger, now is the time to sign them up to be dedicated! What does this mean? Here is a guideline for child dedication:
- Do you receive this child with gratitude, as God’s gift to you and your family?
- Do you commit to each other as parents, creating an environment in which your child can mature? Do you make a covenant to strengthen your marriage relationship?
- Do you commit to be parents of faith, recognizing your children are more likely to follow God’s path by the model they first observe in you?
- Do you commit to lead a faith-filled home that honors God in all your relationships and in the choices you make in spiritually growing your family?
- Do you commit to be parents with patience, recognizing that with your inherent strengths and weaknesses, your desire to shape your child is a loving act that will require time, prayer, and God in order to produce in your children what He and you hope for?
If this is something that you look to affirm in your family, you can sign up for child dedication this weekend at church, or on the form below, or by contacting Josh Laughter at [email protected] There will be a child dedication meeting before church that is required for all families dedicating a child. (next child dedication date to be announced)